Volunteer Receptionist / Admin Assistant required to support this busy area in this special school for children age 7 – 18 years with complex and additional needs.
The school reception is the first point of contact for visitors and parents as well as to staff requiring specific support throughout the day.
Main duties can include:
- Answering telephone calls and directing these appropriately,
- Using a walkie-talkie system to contact welfare and pastoral staff when requested,
- Greeting visitors to the school in a professional manner and signing them in appropriately,
- General photocopying,
- Preparing outgoing post and logging this correctly,
- General scanning,
- Circulating internal post to staff pigeon holes,
- Preparing class folders with letters etc,
- Updating bus boards,
- Recording pupil attendance,
- Updating the school diary,
- Typing and printing letters.
We are looking for a positive, outgoing volunteer with a calm and flexible manner who will thrive in a busy working environment and offer a warm welcome to the school and support to the office team. Experience in Reception / admin work and use of Microsoft word and google calendar / email are desirable but not essential.
For further information or to book an informal visit to the school please contact the school office staff on 01603 441126.
Please apply on the volunteer application form indicating interest in this specific role.