Sport & Leisure Assistant
Scale D (Point 14 – 117; £8.70 – £9.21 per hour depending on experience)
12 hours a week, 52 weeks a year (including some evening and weekend hours)
Permanent subject to a successful induction period
We are looking to appoint a Sport and Leisure assistant to co-ordinate and maintain the running of the Sports Centre liaising with Avenue Junior School, Recreation Road Infant School and Parkside School as well as community users.
This would be very suitable for those who live in the local community and have an interest in sport and healthy lifestyles.
Main duties will include:
- Ensuring that the centre is fit for use and general day to day organisation is in place
- Attract and retain new community users for the sport centre
- Produce programmes and activities to promote sports and health related activities on an annual and termly basis.
- Have good communication skills to liaise with the finance officer at the sports centre to have an effective and efficient booking and letting system in place.
- To liaise with the site manager, management team and grounds maintenance and community police.
- To ensure regular maintenance and storage of the sports equipment to ensure the efficiency of the sport centre
- Have a flexible approach to working hours including weekends
For further details or a conversation about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete a NCC Support Staff Application and submit to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Wednesday 29 November 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 12 December 2017
Recreation Road Sport Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DSB check will be required and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.