Assistant Head Required for September 2018
Salary: Leadership Scale Point 6 (£44,544) to Point 10 (£49199)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Learn, Grow, Thrive
Parkside School is an outstanding 7 – 17 year complex needs school in the heart of the beautiful city of Norwich. We are looking to appoint an Assistant Head teacher to join our enthusiastic team. We pride ourselves on the provision that we offer, including a nationally acknowledged City centre Café run by our senior pupils.
The characteristic spirit and ethos of Parkside School is one where all pupils and staff have the right to Learn, Grow and Thrive both at school and out in the wider world.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead on ensuring outcomes for pupils in our Middle School are the best possible.
- Lead the Middle School staff team in providing a varied and stimulating school experience for all Middle School pupils.
- Have a teaching commitment of up to 60%.
- Chair Annual Reviews of Education, Health and Care Plans.
- Organise daily absence cover for teaching and support staff, including school trips.
- Manage the LA’s Evolve Risk assessment procedures for the school.
- Manage the medical needs within the school, lead the Welfare Assistant Team, and liaise with health professionals whenever necessary.
- Oversee the organisation of health and safety issues with regard to pupils and staff across the school.
- Take a lead role in Parental Engagement in the school, organising suitable events and reaching out to ‘hard to reach’ parents.
- Manage and organise external students in the school. These may include College and University student seeking observation time or placements.
- Oversee the transport arrangements for pupils, liaising with the LA and/or taxi companies as necessary.
- Be the main member of the Senior Leadership Team with responsibility around Equality, advocating for all pupils and staff and ensuring compliance with the Equalities Act 2010, and school Equalities Policy.
- Work with other members of the leadership team to develop and maintain high standards of teaching and learning throughout the school.
We can offer you:
- An outstanding school, which always strives to improve.
- A co-operative Senior Leadership team, comprising Head of School, 2 x Deputy Head teachers, Transition co-ordinator, Head of Upper School and Finance Officer.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Support from experienced members of the Senior Leadership team in all aspects of the role.
Visits are highly recommended to understand the roles fully – please phone the school receptionist to organise these. You are welcome to contact us for an informal discussion about this post prior to application.
The Parkside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DBS check will be required for the successful candidate and all procedures and checks as in the school’s Safeguarding Children Policy will be followed.
The post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Closing date: Friday 4 May 2018 – 12 noon
Interview date: Tuesday 22 May 2018
Applications must be on the correct application form – CVs will not be considered.