- Stay and Play is an after school club for children aged 7 to 16.
- The club is on 3 nights a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (term time only).
- We are open from 3:15pm (after school), until 5:30pm.
- We have a variety of activities on each day. These include outdoor games, yoga, Zumba, arts, crafts, drama and sensory play.
- Each club have 5 staff members supporting.
- We offer 15 places per session on a Wednesday and Thursday and 8 places on our sensory session on a Monday.
- 1 session is £10
- Free sessions for Pupil Premium
- Registration forms need to be completed before a child can attend.
- Registration forms will be sent out before each term.
- We have a limit on how many children can attend and need to carefully review so all students have a fair opportunity to come.
- Our priority is to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of our pupils is met.
Food and Drink
- Water is provided throughout the session and milk will be offered at tea time.
- Tea varies between sandwiches, rolls, wraps, fresh salad, fruit and yoghurt.
- We will cater to specific medical/religious dietary requirements.
- We have two parties a year at Christmas and at the end of the summer term.
Mondays: Sensory Play Session
Wednesday: Arts, Crafts and Drama activities
|Stay and Play offer a sensory based club for those students that would benefit from a more structured sensory and kinaesthetic play session.
They will have the freedom to explore their senses and get stuck in exciting activities and fulfilling their sensory needs.
It is all about being allowed to get messy! The children absolutely love it! (as do the staff).
|On Wednesdays we provide structured themed Arts and Crafts for the pupils to take part in.
We also will have Drama activities like puppets, dress up, acting/role play and exploring their communication with their peers.
This session will have a variety of activities for the children to free flow from.
Stay and Play have their own section in the environmental area and throughout the year grow fruit, vegetables and have a variety of plants to look after and care for. There will be gardening activities (weather dependant) offered to the students on a Wednesday session.
|Stay and Play offer Cooking on a Thursday in the Food Technology room. Each week the students will have a new fun recipe and different techniques to explore and experience.Children will explore all of their senses and develop a variety of skills through kneading, tossing, pouring, smelling, cutting, feeling food, trying new foods etc.
They will practice basic maths skills by counting, weighing, measuring, tracking time and practice social skills communicating to others and working together.
Cooking promotes independence, ‘a sense of accomplishment’ and self-confidence.
- Ask a member of staff during the club time or for Miss Russel the Stay and Play co-ordinator
- Telephone school office: 01603 441126
- Stay and Play mobile: 07767628983
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org