The below policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to pupils at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All pupils in years 8 -13 are entitled to
- to find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
- to hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
- to understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Management of provider access requests
A provider wishing to request access should contact:
Debbie Wicks (Careers leader)
Carolyn Ellis-Gage (Head Teacher)
Telephone: 01603 441126
Opportunities for access
A number of events, integrated into the school careers programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come into school to speak to pupils and/or their parents/carers.
- Phase meetings (Assemblies)
- Opportunity events
- Independent careers advice
- Work Experience
- Employer and Employee Encounters
- Encounters with Higher Education providers
- Life Skills
- Experiences of the workplace
- Alumni talks
Please speak to our careers lead to identify the most suitable opportunity for you.
Premises and Facilities
The school will make the main hall, classrooms or private meeting rooms available for discussions between the provider and students, as appropriate to the activity. The school will also make available AV and other specialist equipment to support provider presentations. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the Careers Leader or a member of their team.
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature which will be made available to pupils by the careers leader.
Our Transition and Careers Padlet can be viewed here where you can find various information all in one place!