Outdoor Learning Leader with an emphasis in supporting mental health (part-time)
For immediate start
2½ days a week
(Mon 08:30 – 16:00hrs, Tues 08:30 – 16:30hrs & Weds 10:30 – 14:30hrs)
Temporary – one year funded post with the possibility of further extension depending on future funding
Scale F (£11.49 – £12.69 – hourly rate)
This role could be alongside a Grade D classroom TA role for an additional 2 days. The TA role is to support the SEMH intervention team by covering them whilst they deliver their interventions (drawing and talking/ ELSA etc)
The successful candidate will
● Support pupils with outdoor learning following Forest Schools Progamme.
● Deliver small group session/1-1 where needed
● Record progress/set targets for individual pupils
● Supporting pupils with their mental health
They will need to:
· Have or be working towards a Level 3 Forest Schools Programme Leadership Certificate
· Have experience of working with children and supporting their learning.
· Have strong literacy & numeracy skills.
· Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of Forest Schools provision for children aged between 3 and 11.
· Be a team player, think on their feet and show initiative
· Understand the importance of safeguarding in all aspects of school life.
It is likely that the successful candidate will be required to work with pupils with challenging behaviours for which training will be provided.
Parkside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end, the successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare Disqualification 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and you will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced DBS check with barred list. If you have information to declare it may be protected under the Exceptions Orders and you may not be required to declare it. You will be asked to make a criminal conviction declaration if you are shortlisted for the post. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
A virtual tour of the school is available on the school website www.parkside.norfolk.sch.uk or contact the school Reception to book a visit (during term time).
For an informal discussion please contact Mrs Ellis-Gage (Head Teacher) or Ms Savory (Senior Teacher) on 01603 441126 (during term time)
All applications must be on the correct application form and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org CVs will not be considered.
Closing date: Friday 29 October 2021 – 09:00hrs
Interview date: Monday 22 November 2021